Office of the Chairman
Office of the Members
Office of the Secretary
Public University Management Division
Aims and Objectives:
- To undertake various measures for expansion and development of higher education in Bangladesh through public universities
- Quality enhancement and quality assurance in higher education
- To ensure academic, administrative and financial discipline in public universities through continuous monitoring and supervision
- Perform all activities relating to management of public universities.
- Approve new faculties, departments, institutes and personnel of all public universities.
- Conduct inquiry (or provide assistance to the competent authority) to prevent corruptions and irregularities in the public universities.
- Formulate draft of various rules, regulations, principles and policies for smooth operation of public universities.
- Provide government with opinion/suggestions on various issues of higher education.
- Ensure academic, administrative and financial discipline in pubic universities through continuous monitoring and supervision of their activities.
- Provide assistance to the Ministry of Education (MoE)/all concerned in preparing organogram of public universities.
- Formulate draft of law for establishment of new public university in the country.